Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Armenian or Reformed?

We have lately been discussing the Armenian theology and the Reformed theology within our church (especially the subject of predestination). Which one is biblical? Is there really an answer?
 I am curious as to what my fellow classmates, or rather bloggers feel about these theologies. If you don't know about them, I challenge you to look them up and research them a bit. You might be interested in what you find. Now, I know, we all have professors to challenge us to look up deep biblical principles. But this really is interesting and might help you (or frustrate you :P) in some of your views of God. Still, it's important to remember that most of the things that differ between Armenian theology and Reformed theology are relatively minor beliefs: they are not foundational beliefs that are necessary for Christians to agree upon.
In discussing it, I believe that I have come to the conclusion that I am on neither side. Both have views that I do not agree with. What about you?

3 comments:

  1. Reformed all the way! Contrary to popular belief, Reformed theology supports compatibilism (as does classical Arminianism, though the two still differ in areas). Modern Arminianism is totally wrong: exalting freewill beyond anything implied in the Bible and denying very clear verses explaining the sovereignty of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue to expound on this so we can gain a better understanding.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete